Department Manager Academy
Virtual Instructor Led Training!
Managing a department takes a variety of skills and knowledge in order to be successful and profitable. Without skilled department managers, you cannot have a profitable, successful store. In this comprehensive course, participants will learn how to manage the department financials, implement successful merchandising and marketing plans, and effectively manage their associates!
The course content is delivered through online classes. Participants discuss what they have learned in live chats and online discussions. Assigned projects allow them to demonstrate their knowledge of key skills and concepts, while implementing them on the job, with real data.
Project outcomes and progress reports are shared throughout the course with the participant’s manager, allowing them to see what their associates are learning, discuss their progress, and help them achieve their goals.
Three key areas are covered, each taking 8 weeks to complete.
- The difference between margin and markup, and how to calculate SRP’s
- Calculating distribution and using the contribution formula
- Managing known loss, and taking inventory
- Using CTO to measure and manage profitability
- Scheduling labor effectively
Merchandising and Marketing
- Discover who your customers are, how they shop and what they are looking for.
- Learn how to plan events based on customers needs, and measure their success
- Identify and establish key standards
- Learn tactics that can help you increase your sales per customer
- Dealing with difficult people and conflict in the workplace
- Providing feedback and coaching employees to improve behavior
- Communicating effectively and establishing accountability
- Interviewing and performance reviews
- When and how to use progressive discipline
Price and Registration
$1,500 per student, plus $175 for access to Learning Cart (Learning Cart fee waived for those already on Learning Cart). $500 due at time of registration, refundable up to 21 days prior to the start of the class. The remaining cost will be divided and charged per period on the store’s statement as the student completes the course. Click "Register now" to see a list of dates.